TX - Ferris
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Project Coordinator to join our ParkUSA team in Ferris, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Project Coordinator is a key part of the sales team and serves as the primary interface between Park USA and the customer to ensure that the right products are delivered to the customer at the right time. The Project Coordinator has the principal responsibility, once a job is sold, to ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service experience. The Project Coordinator is also a key member of the sales team and works closely with sales to prepare quotes, perform takeoffs, and any other duties that are required to achieve customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of all Park USA products and can provide guidance for customers inquiries regarding schedules and deliveries.
- Upon receipt of an order from a customer or project sales rep, the PC assumes responsibility for that order until it is delivered to the customer.
- The PC will initiate contact with the customer for details on the product specifications, delivery location and schedule. The PC accurately inputs the order into SAP and coordinates with Sales and Production to assure the customer’s needs are met.
- Should Scheduling/Production not be able to meet customer’s delivery date, PC is to negotiate a new delivery date with the customer.
- PC will contact customer to define submittal requirements, manufacturing requirements, construction sequencing and delivery requirements, then meet with scheduling, purchasing, production, and dispatch to assure that the customer’s needs are met.
- If engineering is required for the product, the PC works with engineering to have the product designed for manufacturing to the customer’s specifications and submittals prepared and submitted.
- Stay in contact with customer with any updates on the progress of the order.
- Keep Sales updated on how the order is progressing.
- One week before delivery the PC contacts the foreman on the job to confirm the type of delivery needed and if the jobsite requires special considerations while coordinating with dispatch.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with ParkUSA production methods and production capabilities.
- Understanding of specific plant capabilities.
- Customer oriented with ability to relate with customers in a calm, professional manner.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively and efficiently
- Possess basic math skills
- Possess the ability to effectively work with varying personality styles and maintain a sense of humor.
- Must be agile and able to change directions easily and professionally.
- Intermediate skills working with computers and software packages such as, Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with clarity and professionalism.
- This position may interact within all levels of the organization. Additionally, this position may have contact with business partners, customers, vendors and visitors.
- Experience in precast industry, PVF solutions and excavation would be helpful, but not mandatory
- At least two years of previous experience working in an office setting
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- High energy, self-motivation, and personal integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend, or evening work.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Over 2/3 of the time
- Standing/Sit: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling to complete computer work.
Up to 2/3 of the time:
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately.
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately, in written or diagram form.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as typing on a keyboard
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Walking: Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, including the human body
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection involving small defects at distances close to the eyes.
- For up to 2/3 of the amount of time, the worker is required to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- For less than 1/3 of the amount of time, the worker is required to have color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work)
Over 2/3 of the time
- Quiet conditions (examples: library, private office)
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Less than 1/3 of the time:
Loud noise (examples: manufacturing departments, large forklifts)
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.