UT - Salt Lake City
Geneva Pipe and Precast
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Production Supervisor to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Directs and coordinates activities concerned with manufacturing of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Production process and scheduling of Wetcast/Dry cast facility
- Tracks inventory levels of both raw and finished inventory
- Ensures that operations are running effectively
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products
- Visually inspects product to ensure correct products are produced in Titan
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards
- Resolves any issues or concerns of the hourly workforce and delegates tasks to help maintain a positive work environment following our Values of ACT
- Lead Safety initiatives, trainings and guides employees on a daily basis to work safely
- Tracks and approves employee time for the Wetcast/Dry cast facility
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping effective operations and cost factors
- Monitors compliance with work instructions, SOP’s and other internal procedures
- Performs spot counts and notifies Inventory Manager of low levels
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of production process for Wetcast/Dry cast facility. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, making recommendations of applicants and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; safety, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This role must be able to build positive relationships with co-workers, corporate staff, external customers, vendors and contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Familiar with basic skills in the use of Software: MS Office suite (excel, Word, Outlook) and company specific Software preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence including; safety and/or accident reports
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and mass.
- Aptitude to calculate and use the following: tape measures, micrometers, calipers, protractors and gauges to determine needs for production and quality of products in a variety of applications.
- Ability to define problems- collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of the education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.