OR - Portland
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision performs general labor work. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Performs various general labor work including but not limited to, general housekeeping, stull pipe, prepares for stulling, coating and lining, paint, grinding and/or end prep.
- Inspect and cleans pipe prior to entering processes.
- Shoveling, clean up and removal of damaged lining.
- Mixes cement, prepares material for patchwork and performs cement labor as needed.
- Properly identify (mark) pipe with the use of spray paint or stamps.
- Operation of hand tools and equipment.
- Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
- Cuts materials in a safe manner to ensure safe transport of product and equipment.
- Loads and unloads pipe, raw materials, coils, and other materials required by the lead or supervisor.
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on hand tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Follows all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and instructions, ISO procedures, job safety analysis (JSAs) and company policies and promotes a safe culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the lead or supervisor.
- Reading of drawings.
- Operates forklift in a safe manner.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Participates in all inventories, safety meetings and ISO audits.
- Maintain housekeeping within all production, storage and waste areas.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and solve basic math.
- Ability to Read a tape measure.
- Ability to comprehend and follow company procedures.
- Requires experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification if required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, preferred.
LABORER I – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing general manual laborer requiring no special training and little or no experience. Individuals in this position work with and around, and may operate, various tools, machines and equipment. This position will also assist in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and perform other duties as directed. Work normally is performed under close supervision; however, close supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks which can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained, employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
LABORER II – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing duties described for a Laborer I. While this level of laborer does not require special training or experience, the qualifications and prior experience must be at a higher level. Work normally is performed under limited to close supervision. As work experience is gained, employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
LABORER III – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing duties described for a Laborer II. This level of laborer does require advanced training, qualifications and experience. Work normally is performed under minimal supervision. Employees in this position may be responsible for leading the work of other laborers and will be provided on-the-job training (OJT) to learn the skills necessary to fulfill a designated position in their respective department.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.