Welder I -II
CA - Adelanto
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Welder I-II to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Welder is responsible for performing quality welds while meeting all quality and safety standards. Under ongoing supervision, welds, cleans cuts and grinds. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently, use welding equipment such as welding machine, grinder and cutting torch.
- Cleans, grinds welds and end finish as required.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Repair welds to required specifications.
- Use of tools for cutting and fitting offset.
- Perform x-ray quality welds.
- Properly identify (mark) pipe with the use of spray paint and or stamper.
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on welding tools and equipment.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Follows all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and instructions, ISO procedures, job safety analysis (JSAs) and company policies and promotes a safe culture.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position
- Performs other duties as assigned by the lead or supervisor.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- May provide support to the fabrication department.
- Participates in all inventories, safety meetings and ISO audits.
- Maintain housekeeping within all production, storage and waste areas.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to pass a FCAW – 2G and/or 3G weld test.
- Ability to pass a SMAW – 2G, 3G and/or 7018 weld test.
- Must be able to maintain a welding certification.
- Must be able to operate a welding machine and grinder safely.
- One year certified welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
- Current / valid certification in FCAW 2G and 3G and SMAW 2G, 3G and 7018 preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as a certified welder in a pipe manufacturing facility highly preferred.
Certificates, License, Registrations:
- FCAW certified
WELDER I – this level of Welder is responsible for performing quality welds requiring little or minimum experience and must be certified welders or be able to pass a weld test. Individuals in this position work with and around, and operate, various hand tools and welding equipment. Work normally is performed under close supervision; however, close supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks, which can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained and additional welding certification are obtained, the employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
WELDER II – this level of Welder is responsible for performing duties described for a Welder I. This level of welder requires additional training, skills, certification, and experience and must receive the appropriate score on the plant specific Welder Level Card. Work normally is performed under limited to close supervision. As additional experience is gained, the employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.