Regional Sales Engineer
US - Remote
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products—and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Regional Sales Engineer to join our Park Precast Infrastructure team. Seeking candidates around Contra Costa County, California.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential customers, specifying engineers, and potential partners achieving sales goals of engineered water solutions products business, developing short and long-term sales strategies and sales plans to increase sales volume and profit margins.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the National Sales Group Manager in developing strategy and tactics that ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets through assigned geography
- Take marketing activities including identifying tradeshows, industry associations, and customer activities necessary to drive demand growth
- Conduct in-depth analysis to include on demand forecasting, competitor capabilities, customer profiles and the next best alternatives
- Research code requirements within region to help drive specification
- Identify and coordinate bids for all appropriate projects within assigned marketing area. Participate in the development of bid strategy for each job
- Develop and maintain relationships within the engineering community. Leverage these relationships to get ParkUSA products specified on future projects
- Establish short and long-term goals and strategies to grow specific region. Develop specific action plans to achieve goals
- Will be responsible for meeting specific sales volumes and profit margin goals
- Partner with the Project Sales Representatives and other departments (Quality Control, Production, Engineering, Logistics and Accounting) to ensure every account receives the highest level of customer service
- Communicate with the sales team to manage and coordinate sales to customers who overlap geographic boundaries and markets
- Actively participate in industry-related associations as required in order to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships
- Manage relationship with key accounts throughout region
- Conduct negotiations as needed
- Prospect opportunities and companies and market products within core markets
- Must be able to take a project from demand creation to fulfillment working across the entire construction products value chain
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or similar from accredited university
- Minimum 6-years work experience in a professional construction or industry related office environment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong business acumen regarding sales and marketing and/or infrastructure construction market; be knowledgeable of current and possible future industry trends
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Must have ability to regularly travel throughout the sales region, 40-60% overnight
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within territory to accomplish goals
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers – both internal and external
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter who is action oriented and drives for results
- Foster a collaborative, team-based approach
- Be experienced with technical sales to engineers, industry suppliers, contractors and specifying agencies
- Be proficient in basic Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in CRM software, preferably Salesforce is a plus
- SAP experience, or a large ERP system, is considered a plus
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have ability to work with a diverse group of people both within the Company and in a sales capacity
- Must be able to present dynamically to large diverse audiences to drive demand for Park products
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be meet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend, or evening work.
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Standing/Sit: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling to type.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Walking: Moving about accomplishing tasks, particularity for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately, in written or diagram form.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers such as moving a mouse and typing.
Up to 2/3 of the time:
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm to operate a mouse, phone, computer, and other office machines.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward downward or outward.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Position self to look under or around equipment or areas of production
- Stooping: Positions self to lift items off the floor.
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects from position to position.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force to constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, including the human body.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Over 2/3 of the time the worker is required to have:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Up to 2/3 of time the worker is required to have:
- Distance vision (clear feet at 20 feet or more)
- Ability to adjust visual focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions throughout their day: activities occur inside the office environment and outside in production or the yards.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Moderate noise to loud noise when in production
- Quiet conditions when working in the office
Personal Protective Equipment is required when in the Plant, Yard, or Construction Areas:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Steel-toed Boots
- Hearing Protection
- Reflective Vest
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.