Regional Sales Engineer – Southeastern US
FL - Florida, GA - Georgia
National Sales Group Manager
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Regional Sales Engineer to join our ParkUSA team in Southeastern, US (Florida/Georgia preferred).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential customers, specifying engineers, and potential partners achieving sales goals of engineered water solutions products business, developing short and long-term sales strategies and sales plans to increase sales volume and profit margins.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Assist the National Sales Group Manager in developing strategy and tactics that ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets through assigned geography
- Take marketing activities including identifying tradeshows, industry associations, and customer activities necessary to drive demand growth
- Conduct in-depth analysis to include on demand forecasting, competitor capabilities, customer profiles and the next best alternatives
- Research code requirements within region to help drive specification
- Identify and coordinate bids for all appropriate projects within assigned marketing area. Participate in the development of bid strategy for each job
- Develop and maintain relationships within the engineering community. Leverage these relationships to get ParkUSA products specified on future projects
- Establish short and long-term goals and strategies to grow specific region. Develop specific action plans to achieve goals
- Will be responsible for meeting specific sales volumes and profit margin goals
- Partner with the Project Sales Representatives and other departments (Quality Control, Production, Engineering, Logistics and Accounting) to ensure every account receives the highest level of customer service
- Communicate with the sales team to manage and coordinate sales to customers who overlap geographic boundaries and markets
- Actively participate in industry-related associations as required in order to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships
- Manage relationship with key accounts throughout region
- Conduct negotiations as needed
- Prospect opportunities and companies and market products within core markets
- Must be able to take a project from demand creation to fulfillment working across the entire construction products value chain
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate strong business acumen regarding sales and marketing and/or infrastructure construction market; be knowledgeable of current and possible future industry trends
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Must have ability to regularly travel throughout the sales region, 40-60% overnight
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within territory to accomplish goals
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers – both internal and external
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter who is action oriented and drives for results
- Foster a collaborative, team-based approach
- Be experienced with technical sales to engineers, industry suppliers, contractors and specifying agencies
- Be proficient in basic Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in CRM software, preferably Salesforce is a plus
- SAP experience, or a large ERP system, is considered a plus
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have ability to work with a diverse group of people both within the Company and in a sales capacity
- Must be able to present dynamically to large diverse audiences to drive demand for Park products
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil Engineering or similar from accredited university
- Minimum 6-years work experience in a professional construction or industry related office environment preferred
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.