Project Manager I
CA - Tracy
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Project Manager I to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
A Project Manager (PM) controls the course of projects from the initiation of the contract through job close-out. The PM reviews, designs and checks the work on jobs to which they are assigned. The PM must ensure that the contractual obligations of the Company are met within the confines of the project budget, and must minimize the Company’s exposure to liability, while serving the needs of the customer and strengthening the Company / Customer relationship. When required, the PM will also perform any special tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager or Operations Manager.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Define specifications, and prepare drawings and other submittals as required for projects.
- Direct, review, and check work performed by Project Designers
- Manage project files to ensure they are organized and provide current information.
- Design project to minimize manufacturing/shipping costs.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Establish and maintain customer relations.
- Coordinate manufacturing and delivery with shop personnel and customer/engineer.
- Monitor production & customer schedules. Modify schedules or plans as required.
- Process customer change orders. Evaluate cost and schedule impacts.
- Mitigate cost overruns and potential back charges.
- Negotiate back charge claims.
- Prepares project reports for management, customer, or others.
- Assist Engineering and Operations Manager in establishing, updating, and maintaining departmental and operational procedures.
- College degree in civil or mechanical engineering, or construction management
- Minimum three years work related experience in project management
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.