TX - Houston
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Welder II to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- GMAW Structural Welding
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment
- Handle multiple jobs within timeframes
- Fit & weld small frames and support structures using jigs
- Overtime as required
- Assist with project work as directed by Department Manager
- Comply with all ParkUSA policies, procedures and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Use of grinders, tape measure, punch press, drill press, hand tools
- MIG welding
- Cleaning of welds
- Prepping materials for welding
- Ability to learn new processes
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to self-manage
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years welding GMAW preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to read, write and speak in the English language
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.