TX - Saginaw
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Welder I-III to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Welder is responsible for performing quality welds while meeting all quality and safety standards that a FCAW certification requires. The ideal candidate can weld, clean cuts and grind under ongoing supervision. A Welder would also assist with departmental housekeeping and safety efforts, and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently use welding equipment such as welding machine, grinder and cutting torch.
- Cleans, grinds welds and end-finishes as required.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Repair welds to required specifications.
- Use of tools for cutting and fitting offset.
- Perform x-ray quality welds.
- Properly identify and mark pipe with the use of spray paint and/or stamper.
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on welding tools and equipment.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Follows all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and instructions, ISO procedures, job safety analysis (JSAs) and company policies and promotes a safe culture.
- The ideal candidate is expected to be consistent, responsible and reliable with their attendance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, the ideal candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to pass a FCAW – 2G and/or 3G weld test.
- Ability to pass a SMAW – 2G, 3G and/or 7018 weld test.
- Must be able to maintain a welding certification.
- Must be able to safely operate a welding machine and grinder.
- One-year certified welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
- Current/valid certification in FCAW 2G/3G, SMAW 2G/3G, and 7018 preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as a certified welder in a pipe manufacturing facility highly preferred.
WELDER I – this level of Welder is responsible for performing quality welds, and requires little or minimum experience – the candidate must be FCAW-certified and be able to pass a weld test. Individuals in this position operate, work with and around various hand tools and welding equipment. Duties are routinely carried out under close supervision; however, supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks, which can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained and additional welding certification are obtained, the employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
WELDER II – this level of Welder is responsible for performing duties described for a Welder I. This level of welder requires additional training, skills, certification, and experience and must receive the appropriate score on the plant specific Welder Level Card. Work normally is performed under limited to close supervision. As additional experience is gained, the employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
WELDER III – this level of Welder is responsible for performing duties described for a Welder II. This level of welder possesses advanced qualifications, experience, and must receive the appropriate score on the plant specific Welder Level Card. Work normally is performed under minimal supervision. Employees in this position may be responsible for providing on-the-job training to new employees.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.