Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Welders to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Welder is responsible for performing x-ray quality welds while meeting all quality and safety standards. The Welder II position also provides on the job training for the Welder I position.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Proper and safe use of welding equipment to include but not limited to welding machine, grinder and cutting torch
- Perform x-ray quality welds
- Cleans and grinds welds as required
- Repair welds to required specifications
- Use of tools for cutting and fitting offset
- Follows all work instructions, procedures, and job safely analysis (JSA’s)
- Reading of drawings
- Properly identify (mark) pipe with the use of spray paint and or stamper
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Safety Orientation
- Functional / technical knowledge
- Drive / energy
- Team skills
- Quality orientation
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience on the Adelanto collapse line
- Candidates with five or more (welder II) or two years (welder I) years’ experience as a certified fabrication welder in a pipe manufacturing facility are highly preferred
- Minimum three years (welder II) or one year (welder I) certified welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment required; welder trainee (individuals with less than one-year experience) will also be considered.
- Candidates with experience as a roll operator highly preferred
- Current / valid certification in FCAW 2G and 3G and SMAW 2G, 3G and 7018 preferred – selected candidates will be required to provide proof of certification and pass weld test
- Experience operating forklifts, overhead crane and or sub arc welding helpful
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.