TX - Houston
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Warehouse Clerk to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision, assist with the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse/inventory yard. Delivery of various parts to different departments as required by the facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Receive, process, label, and store all incoming stock.
- Inspects all stock for damages and keeps records of damages.
- Moves material in proper storage locations.
- Transfers materials, jobs, and orders to the requested departments.
- Ensures proper delivery of all incoming and outgoing shipments and intercompany transfers.
- Ensures all outgoing shipments meet proper specifications and are packed correctly.
- Ensures the warehouse stays organized, clean and safe.
- Moves product, materials, and equipment safely.
- Operates forklift or other heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist with unloading/loading trucks safely with forklift and proper assisting equipment.
- Comfortable working with handheld scanners.
- Counting stock and keeping inventory records. (Cycle Counting)
- Participates in all inventories.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
- Comply with all Park USA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment is preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic SAP experience is desired.
- Basic understanding of shipping and receiving
- Forklift experience
- Able to read, write and speak in English language, Bi-lingual a plus.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.