Technical Marketing Manager
Orem, UT, Salt Lake City, UT
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Technical Marketing Manager to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem or Salt Lake, Utah.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This technical role will work with customers, engineers, and municipal & county owners to understand the value and use of our many product lines. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving relationships and specifications with key influencers and users. Leads the implementation of our technical marketing program that aligns with the strategic vision of the organization. This individual works closely with the other departments in the Company as part of a team to ensure our growth and continued success as a company and as an industry. Must embrace and support core values Accountability, Commitment, and Teamwork.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and improve relationships with the engineering and specification community in all viable market regions.
- Identify new and existing products that require an educational and promotional focus and develop a marketing plan to maximize all product lines.
- Work with Sales Manager to coordinate sales team marketing efforts as needed to accomplish corporate strategic directional goals.
- Monitor and analyze market.
- Develop expertise on all our products and services in order to effectively promote and educate the user.
- Plan, implement and manage trade shows and conferences.
- Maintain financial responsibility for individual marketing budgets as needed.
- In conjunction with the Geneva Pipe & Precast management team and the Director of Engineering, develops and coordinates implementation of our agenda at Industry associations such as ACPA, APWA, MSCPA and any related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in a field marketing position is
- Prefer experience marketing technical
- Experience in municipal/public works/government level planning is helpful.
- PE is preferred and highly regarded.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.