Supervisor II, Mills/Pick-Up Welding
CA - Tracy
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Supervisor II, Mills/Pick-Up to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Supervises plant employees in a steel manufacturing and assembly environment, plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Manages all shift operations to ensure that adequate and efficient human capital, material and information resources are available.
- Responsible for the organization exceeding or meeting the estimated cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Keeps the Plant Manager and Operations Manager informed about performance issues, plans and progress in meeting goals.
- Assist the Plant manager in directing the activities of the spiral mills, repair welding, hydrostatic testing, and end prep.
- Works with quality assurance, production control and maintenance departments to ensure smooth operation of all manufacturing departments.
- Ensures products are in specifications and meet delivery and cost estimates.
- Communicates with other team members to prevent, clarify and correct problems.
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee coaching and development.
- Assist Plant Manager in employment decisions.
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Performs Safety Audits and ensures the mills operate safely.
- Conducts safety meetings.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-90 day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Train mill operators on all aspects of the both mills.
- Set goals and standards for team.
- Balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ensure all team members adhere to quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Provides and assists Plant Manager in problem analysis and resolution.
- Inventory and manage all materials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Comply with quality policies and ISO procedures.
- Comply with ISO audits.
- Comply with SOX procedures.
- Collaborate with all team members on issues related to the mill thru hydro areas.
- Participate in production decisions concerning product lines.
- Use product specifications and release dates to determine product costs and resource needs.
- Apply lean principles.
- Create, Implement and manage 5s projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Associate degree (2 year college degree)/Trade School degree, and 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment or,
- High School diploma or GED, and 7 years experience in each phase of production operation including management of people, and process implementation.
- Experience in the pipe, steel fabrication, construction or heavy highway industry or must be willing to learn and be familiar with the above mentioned.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.