Supervisor II-Industrial Linings and Coatings
OR - Portland
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Supervisor II-Coatings and Linings to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Supervises and leads the activities and workers engaged in the cement mortar lining and coating departments of Water Transmission Group pipe products. Creates, interprets and monitors Northwest Pipe Company policies and procedures. Provides expert advice on the cement lining and coating to the Facility Management.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Directs workers in cement lining and tape/cement coating of product.
- Analyzes problems associated with the lining and coating of product and provides solutions to the problems.
- Ensures safety of the personnel in their department and conduct regular safety meetings.
- Requisitions, monitors and maintains supplies and follows policies when ordering materials.
- Analyzes short- and long-term production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of all jobs.
- Interprets NWP Co. policies to workers and enforces NWP Co. policies and procedures.
- Complies with quality policies and procedures.
- Interprets specifications, drawings, and project orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, departments, or work crew.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations to management to resolve employee issues, and helps workers in solving complex problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records to comply with Northwest Pipe Company policies and procedures.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- On occasions during the absence of workers performs activities of workers supervised.
- Projects timelines and work volume/deadlines.
- This position may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend or evening work, and travel to complete essential duties of this job.
- Comply with quality policies and ISO procedures.
- Tracks budgeted man-hours to actual by job.
- Four year college degree related to manufacturing or business management preferred or a minimum of five years manufacturing experience preferably in a management role.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Supervisory training preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.