Southwest Sales Representative, Water Transmission
US - Remote
VP of Sales, Western Region
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Southwest Sales Representative – Water Transmission to join our Northwest Pipe team.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This position involves the selling and promotion of Northwest Pipe Water Transmission products to owners, consulting engineers, agencies, municipalities, developers, and contractors.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Maintains relationships with identified key contractors, consulting engineers, and project owners in assigned territory.
- Tracks current project list within assigned territory and identifies new project opportunities within assigned territory.
- Implements technical marketing programs to ensure that our competitive position is sustained or improved.
- Makes regular, in person, sales calls on customers identifying new project opportunities and furthers Northwest Pipe’s position in the marketplace.
- Identifies potential customers throughout the market area to generate new business.
- Participates in industry trade and technical activities.
- Conducts technical presentations and workshops.
- Develops an understanding of the marketplace, industry trends, and technical nuances of product offerings.
- Provide management with timely and accurate call reports and itineraries.
- Bid all NWP Water Transmission jobs within your assigned territory. Attend pre-bid meetings and bid openings. Meet with contractors prior to bid defining scope of supply.
- Quotes, submittals, bond issuance, and order entry as required.
- Travel within assigned territory as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such contract drawings, technical specifications, bid packet requirements, and safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other information given by sales team members.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including proficiency in business correspondence and spelling/grammar.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Ability to perform business math calculations for figures, amounts, margin, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data given.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Excel, & Word.
- Excellent organizational skills: prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and quickly, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while working quickly.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Looks for ways to improve safety and productivity, and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bullet item (with punctuation). To add another bullet press “enter” on your keyboard.
- College degree and three years of sales experience highly desired.
- Municipal sales experience preferable – product sales to contractors or manufacturer direct sales.
- Past experience in project management/coordination, estimating, plan and specification review, general or civil construction, product development, and leadership or management skills are not necessary but helpful.
- Prior manufacturing experience helpful.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.