St. Louis, MO
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Shipper/Painter I to join our Permalok team in St.Louis, MO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under direct supervision the primary responsibility of the painter includes applying paint coatings by hand application. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production work flow. Performance is expected to be at an entry level capacity.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Follows all safety and company policies / procedures and promotes a safe culture
- Maintain safe conditions by following guidelines and procedures for handling and disposing of any hazardous chemicals and waste
- Determines paint requirements by reviewing project specifications for paint, epoxies, polyurethanes, etc
- Mixes cement and prepares material for patch work
- Applies paint, epoxies, polyurethanes, etc. to satisfy customer requirements by machine and/or hand application
- Assists in diagnosing problems associated with the patching, taping and painting of product
- Inspects and maintains paint and sandblasting machine to ensure production of quality product
- Ensures paint operation processes are maintained and running effectively to meet production, quality and delivery requirements
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues which are affecting paint operations quality or throughput
- Maintain all required paperwork associated with paint applications
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Prepping steel for paint including grit and sandblasting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be skilled at operating various paint pumps, spray guns and related equipment
- Must be skilled at grit and sand blasting operations and related equipment
- Must be skilled to apply a variety of paint finishes by machine and/or hand application
- Reading gauges and watching guides
- Ability to read drawings to determine correct coating/lining to be applied to pipe
- Ability to problem solve, multitask and work independently with attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet customer / delivery requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Minimum three years experience with painting operations and application experience on steel
- Minimum three years experience with grit / sand blasting operations and equipment
- Minimum three years experience reading drawings
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.