OR - Portland
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Radioscopic Inspector to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Radioscopic Inspector demonstrates substantial knowledge of RT processes, codes (including AWS D1.1 and ASME BPV Section IX), and job specifications and has the ability to perform routine QA/QC product inspections as required. The Radioscopic Inspector shall be knowledgeable in QA/QC equipment operations in general and the operation and safety requirements of Radioscopic Inspection equipment, as well as associated documentation of inspections and testing.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Use of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate departmental requirements and objectives as well as communicate requirements across departments.
- Ensures products meet and/or exceed standards and
- Performs Radioscopic inspection, material disposition and documentation (as qualified).
- Assists Inspection Supervisor and QA/QC personnel as
- Report results of inspections, both in written form or through use of computer (Microsoft Office)
- Works at a pace sufficient to maintain a rate of inspection, consistent with operational
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to perform each duty and responsibility
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
- Ability to write simple, basic
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure qualification in inspection methods being
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar
- Ability to locate and compute metric
- Excellent conflict resolution
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent; or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.