Quality Control Technician III
CA - Tracy
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Perform inspection of purchased parts in warehouse and at supplier facilities. Prepare and maintain quality records related to inspections. Maintain and control inspection and measuring equipment and calibration files.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Perform receiving inspection of equipment/parts.
- Perform inspection of equipment/parts in house and at supplier facilities when applicable.
- Prepare inspection reports and maintain files of inspection documents.
- Review inspection records received from suppliers for compliance.
- Maintain inspection and measuring equipment; perform or arrange for calibration of equipment; and maintain equipment calibration records.
- Prepare and coordinate Rejected Material Reports (RMR) for nonconforming parts.
- Summarize inspection results and equipment / supplier quality performance.
- Strive for continuous improvement in facility safety and quality.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NWP’s policies and procedures.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum requirements would be to hold three certification and one of them must be Ultrasonic testing or Radiographic testing.
- Radiography Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- Ultrasonic Inspection
- Visual Testing
- American Concrete Instituted Field Technician Grade
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.