Quality Control Inspector
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Quality Control Inspector to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The QC Inspector monitors quality and ensures product meet QA/QC standards and specifications. The QC Inspector shall be knowledgeable in QA/QC equipment operations and associated documentation of inspections and testing.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate QA/QC requirements and objectives between supervision and lead personnel
- Assure product meets and/or exceeds standards and specifications
- Perform NDE inspection and documentation (as qualified)
- Maintain documentation
- Work at a pace sufficient to obtain quality and quantity of inspection/testing, consistent with operational requirements
- The QC Lead, or QA Manager may assign other duties.
- Areas these duties will be performed will include one or more of the following areas: Dimensional Inspection.
- Weld Inspection
- Coating and Lining Inspection
- Lab Testing
- Final Inspection
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Certified Welding Instructor (CWI) – required for A thru C Inspectors
- NACE Certification preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or One to three months related experience and/or training; or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.