QC Inspector C
WV - Parkersburg
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a QC Inspector C to join our Northwest Pipe team in Washington, WV.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The QC Inspector shall demonstrate substantial knowledge of processes, codes, and job specifications and have the ability to perform routine QA/QC product inspections as required. The QC Inspector shall be knowledgeable in QA/QC equipment operations and associated documentation of inspections and testing.
There are four levels of QC Inspectors with four separate pay ranges. Levels are determined by a specific criteria and points defined on the QA Certification Rating Card. Please refer to the Education/Experience section to determine point range for each level of inspector.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Use interpersonal skills to effectively communicate QA/QC requirements and objectives between supervision and lead personnel
- Assure product meets and/or exceeds standards and specifications
- Perform NDE inspection and documentation (as qualified)
- Assist Inspection Manager / Leadperson and QA/QC personnel as needed
- Maintain documentation
- Work at a pace sufficient to obtain quality and quantity of inspection/testing, consistent with operational requirements
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- As needed the employee should have sufficient education, training and experience to ensure qualification in inspection methods, which are being employed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to locate and compute metric conversions.
- Ability to cross train in multiple departments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The level of QA Inspector and pay range is dependent on the current certifications held that fall in a specific point range on the NWP QA Certification Rating Card:
- 0 – 8 points = D (Entry level)
- 9 – 15 points = C
- 16 – 24 points = B
- 25+ points = A
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Welding Instructor (CWI) – required for A thru C Inspectors
- NACE Level I/Level II Certified Inspector – required for A thru C Inspectors
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.