QC Inspector C with ACI
TX - Ferris
Quality Control Manager
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
ParkUSA, Northwest Pipe Company, is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a QC Inspector C to join our ParkUSA team in Ferris, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Will conduct pre-pour and post pour inspections of concrete products. Verify rebar placement prior to production. Follow all NPCA/ASTM specifications for testing of concrete. Keep accurate files per NPCA requirements. Communicate with material suppliers to obtain required documents as needed per NPCA.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Examine material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, or spalling.
- Creates and keeps detailed and accurate NPCA files for all required documentation.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Marks nonconforming product for repair or rejection.
- Interprets engineering drawings, diagrams, and confers with management or engineering staff to ensure products are produced correctly.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance per NPCA Requirements.
- Operates any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use computer systems such as Microsoft products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and proprietary systems.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines.
- Have or obtain NPCA PQS online level 1 QA/QC within 3 months.
- Have or obtain ACI Field Grade I Concrete Testing within 6 months.
- Have or obtain ACI Strength testing Level I within 6 months.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.