Project Manager II
WV - Parkersburg
Get ready to grow with us.
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we are just getting started! Our business is growing, and we are looking for great people to grow with us. We are immediately seeking a Project Manager II join our Northwest Pipe team in Parkersburg, WV.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurance (1st of month after hire)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Refreshments
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but also actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Responsible for all stages of job from the initiation of the contract to job closes-out. They support the Engineering and Operations Manager and reviews all jobs assigned to the engineering coordinators and technicians. A major part of this position is to provide proactive leadership between the internal customers and the technical staff to ensure effective manufacturing methods. In addition, delivery of all projects in a timely and efficient manner is a must. The Project Manager must ensure that the contractual obligations of the organization are met within the parameters of the job budget and minimize the organization’s liability. This person is responsible for serving the needs of the customer and establishing a long-term rapport with them while keeping the best interests of Northwest Pipe Company in mind. To do so, strong business analyst, application design, and project management skills are essential.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Design, development and delivery of effective water transmission applications.
- Lead design sessions and review sessions with engineering, operations, production control team members and other members of the organization including all levels of management.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Manage application design through the various lifecycle stages from business needs through design and delivery.
- Review and approve internal take-off and verify that all unusual specifications are included.
- Initiate necessary Requests for Changes on Information to ensure manufacturing compliance with customer requirements.
- Verify customers’ preferred installation schedule and rates.
- Preliminary design work for estimates when Engineering Manager is not available.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of all products, processes, and chemicals used in the Lined Products department.
- Ability to be a trainer, teacher, and advisor on these products.
- Understand general plant safety procedures.
- Be responsible for training production in output, product quality, and on-time delivery.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste; implementing action plans when needed.
- Develop systems and processes to track and optimize productivity, quality, KPI, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Ability to effectively present information and work with all levels of Geneva Pipe and Northwest Pipe employees.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent communications, relationship-building, and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills necessary (MS office suite).
- Minimum 5 years plant or business operations, plant engineering or manufacturing experience in the products used in this department.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or lean manufacturing certification preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.