Project Manager II
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Project Manager II to join our Northwest Pipe team in Washington, WV.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Responsible for all stages of job from the initiation of the contract to job closes-out. They support the Engineering and Operations Manager and reviews all jobs assigned to the engineering coordinators and technicians. A major part of this position is to provide proactive leadership between the internal customers and the technical staff to ensure effective manufacturing methods. In addition, delivery of all projects in a timely and efficient manner is a must. The Project Manager must ensure that the contractual obligations of the organization are met within the parameters of the job budget and minimize the organization’s liability. This person is responsible for serving the needs of the customer and establishing a long-term rapport with them while keeping the best interests of Northwest Pipe Company in mind. To do so, strong business analyst, application design, and project management skills are essential.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Design, development and delivery of effective water transmission applications.
- Lead design sessions and review sessions with engineering, operations, production control team members and other members of the organization including all levels of management.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Manage application design through the various lifecycle stages from business needs through design and delivery.
- Review and approve internal take-off and verify that all unusual specifications are included.
- Initiate necessary Requests for Changes on Information to ensure manufacturing compliance with customer requirements.
- Verify customers’ preferred installation schedule and rates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications in order to create shop drawings.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from four-year College or University.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.