Project Manager II
TX - Saginaw
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us.
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we are just getting started! Our business is growing, and we are looking for great people to grow with us. We are immediately seeking a Project Manager II join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, Texas.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurance (1st of month after hire)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Refreshments
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but also actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Project Manager is responsible for all stages of jobs from the initiation of contracts to job closes-out. He/She supports the Engineering and Operations Manager and reviews all jobs assigned to the engineering coordinators and technicians.
A major part of this position is to provide proactive leadership between the internal customers and the technical staff to ensure effective manufacturing methods. In addition, delivery of all projects in a timely and efficient manner is a must. The Project Manager must ensure that the contractual obligations of the organization are met within the parameters of the job budget and minimize the organization’s liability.
This person is responsible for serving the needs of the customer and establishing a long-term rapport with them while keeping the best interests of Northwest Pipe Company in mind. To do so, strong business analyst, application design, and project management skills are essential. The individual will perform all other tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager or Operations Manager.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Design, development, and delivery of effective water transmission applications.
- Lead design sessions and review sessions with engineering, operations, production control team members, and other members of the organization including all levels of management.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Manage application design through the various lifecycle stages from business needs through design and delivery.
- Review and approve internal take-off and verify that all unusual specifications are included.
- Initiate necessary Requests for Changes on Information to ensure manufacturing compliance with customer requirements.
- Verify customers’ preferred installation schedule and rates.
- Confirm all agreements to the customer in writing and distribute to all team members.
- Ensure the estimating and engineering group have identified all cost saving techniques and materials in designs.
- Schedule, direct, and review individual job design packages.
- Review customer comments, revisions, and re-alignments for conformance with original bidding.
- Assists the Engineering and Operations Manager in establishing, updating, and maintaining departmental and operational procedures.
- Keeps the organization’s interest in mind at all times.
- Review and approve revisions, designs, and CAD drawings.
- Keeps Production Control advised on all changes that have an impact on contracts.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Comply with quality policies and procedures.
- Comply with ISO and SOX procedures.
- Position requires regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects.
- Must have excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, CADS, and other project management programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication, advanced mathematics, and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team environment.
- Must have worked directly in an environment where responsibility and accountability was the norm.
- Must have excellent leadership, management, and supervisory and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Advance math and science knowledge and experience is a must.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be familiar with design and engineering software (H20 preferred) and other computer software including MS Word and Excel.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.