Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Project Designer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Project Designer creates product CAD layouts and analyzes assembly and detail shop drawings. This person prepares bills of material and reproduces drawings and collaborates with Engineering Project Managers and the Engineering Manager to create drawings and plans or make changes to drawings and specifications as needed.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Review contract drawings & specifications for pertinent product layout requirements.
- Convert contract drawings into computer-generated product layout drawings, showing detailed changes in alignment, stationing, and elevation.
- Calculate dimensions and prepare AutoCAD detail spool drawings suitable for shop fabrication.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of industry standards such as AWWA, Manual of Practices for Pipe Fabrication Methods and Installation Practices, and AWWA L208.
- Develop shop fabrication drawings using computer-assisted drafting programs, such as Auto CAD and H2O.
- Use independent judgment skills to transition design concepts to a completed design including tolerance valuations and detailed drawings.
- Use mathematical formulas and use trigonometry-based calculators in collaboration with other programs to annotate drawings.
- Assist Project Management on all projects developed by the engineering department.
- Use independent decision-making skills to develop and create optimal drawings.
- Recommend and make necessary changes to drawings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 2 year degree (AS) from accredited college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.