TX - Saginaw
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Project Designer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under limited supervision, creates assembly and detail shop drawings, collaborates with engineering Project Managers and Engineering Manager in creating drawings and plans for shop fabrication and production.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Reviews contract drawings and specifications for pertinent product layout requirements.
- Convert contract drawings into computer generated product layout drawings showing detail changes in alignment, stationing and elevations.
- Calculate dimensions and prepare AutoCAD detail spool drawings suitable for shop fabrication.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of industry standards for pipe fabrication methods and installation practices.
- Uses computer assisted drafting AutoCAD and H2O (Northwest Pipe proprietary).
- Make necessary changes to drawings.
- Adhere to all company safety regulations and rules of conduct.
- Any additional duties assigned by the Engineering Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write professional correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Good working understanding of the principles of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to review and interpret civil drawings, including bearings, coordinates, stations and elevations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to operate calculator proficiently.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and basic software programs, including excel spreadsheets.
- Associate’s degree or one to two years’ college or trade school education computer aided drafting/design and related areas preferred.
- Minimum or one to two years experience in AutoCAD or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well-rounded, practical experience may be substituted for formal training.
- Able to move from design concept to finish designs including layouts and detail drawings.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.