Production Welder and Hydro
CA - Tracy
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Production Welder and Hydro to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Position, rework, fit and weld according to written and typed instructions, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications and knowledge of characteristics of metal. Select equipment and plan layout, fabrication, assembly and welding.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Layout, position, align and fit components together using applicable machines, tools and equipment.
- Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure them in position for final welding,
- Set up and weld parts using welding equipment.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of geometry, arithmetic, structural design, heat effects and allowances for thickness of metal to project location of holes, cuts and bends from blueprints, written and typed instructions and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Use hand tools and be able to correctly setup and operate applicable shop machines.
- Perform arc and oxy-acetylene welding, cutting and brazing on various ferrous and nonferrous metals, in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Maintain production documentation per required procedure.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Northwest Pipe Company policies and procedures.
- Test weld seams for leaks.
- Operates and controls the water pressure.
- Roll cylinder on to hydro.
- Records (accurately) the cylinder numbers, and special information.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.