Plant Operations Manager
CA - Tracy
VP Of Operations
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Plant Operations Manager to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for the Tracy Facility. Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, building, and other facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Support yearly business plan by maintaining P&L focus at the facility level.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and supervisors who supervise employees in the Water Transmission Production, Materials Management, Contract Administration, Engineering, and Customer Field Services.
- Manage the plant environmental compliance program.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, cost justifications, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Develops long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facility.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy and governmental agencies.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications.
- Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Coordinates production, distribution, and warehousing in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by Vice President.
- Develops programs to promote world-class safety performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university; or
- 5-10 years experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment or ten years leadership experience in a steel, manufacturing or engineering environment.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Standing: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Walking: Moving about accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from on work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly,
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately in written or diagram form.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fire discriminations in sounds.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hand, and/or fingers such as use of micrometer meter.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Stooping: Positions self to welding position this factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Position self to come to rest on knee or knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward downward or outward.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and /or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly lifting carrying pushing pulling or otherwise moving objects including the human body (Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures transcribing viewing a computer terminal extensive reading visual inspection involving small defects small parts and /or operation of machines (including inspection) using measurement devices and /or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have the ability to adjust visual focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- None the worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Very quiet conditions (examples: forest trail, isolation booth for hearing test
- Quiet conditions (examples : library, private office)
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Loud noise (examples: mental can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
- Very loud noise (examples : jack hammer work, front row at rock concert)
- Direction: The incumbent establishes methods and procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the results of work are typically reviewed. Incumbent typically develops procedures within the limits of established policy guidelines.
Personal Protective Equipment is required when in the Plant, Yard or Construction Areas:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Steel-toed Boots
- Hearing Protection
- Reflective Vest
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.