Plant Operations Manager
VP Of Operations
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Operations Manager to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for the Tracy Facility. Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, building, and other facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Support yearly business plan by maintaining P&L focus at the facility level.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and supervisors who supervise employees in the Water Transmission Production, Materials Management, Contract Administration, Engineering, and Customer Field Services.
- Manage the plant environmental compliance program.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, cost justifications, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Develops long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facility.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy and governmental agencies.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications.
- Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Coordinates production, distribution, and warehousing in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by Vice President.
- Develops programs to promote world-class safety performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university; or
- 5-10 years experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment or ten years leadership experience in a steel, manufacturing or engineering environment.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.