Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our Northwest Pipe team in Vancouver, WA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Working as a member of the Human Resources team, the Benefits / Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for processing, maintaining and reconciling payroll and employee benefit plans to ensure pay and benefits are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with company guidelines and government regulations.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Prepare account reconciliations and provide reports to support the Finance department.
- Provides overall benefits administration support for all Company benefits plans including, but not limited to: health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement and flex spending / heath savings.
- Primary administrator of the Company’s COBRA and Direct Bill programs.
- Responsible for monthly benefits plan reporting including reconciling and approving invoices for payment.
- Provides assistance with claims matters by acting as a liaison with health insurance carriers.
- Runs and provides reports on benefits programs including but limited to: enrollment, census and demographics.
- Assists with administration of the Company’s stock compensation program.
- Assists with preparation of SEC filings related to stock ownership.
- Assists with annual 401(k), pension plan and flex spending audits.
- Assist with ACA 1094/1095C reporting and filing.
- Ensure plans are being administered in accordance with all ERISA and IRS regulations.
- Responsible for worker’s compensation invoice review and any quarterly or annual reporting.
- Prepare, analyze and process payroll to include entering payroll data into Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) and reviewing data provided by UKG.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to the broader HR team, and employees, with respect to questions on payroll related matters.
- Process wage garnishments and employment verifications.
- Perform internal controls related to validation of the completeness and accuracy of processed payrolls.
- Employee payroll file maintenance, including filing and auditing to ensure all payroll files are stored properly.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Experience processing payroll for a mid-sized company
- Experience with multi-state payroll jurisdictions preferred.
- Administrative/entry level human resources experience, with an emphasis on benefits administration.
- Experience in HRIS platforms such as Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) or Kronos Workforce Dimensions is preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.