Painter I- 2nd shift
TX - Saginaw
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Painter I to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Inspects, prepares, and moves pipe for cement patch operations. Operates paint, tape, and sandblasting machine safely and efficiently to create a quality product. Under ongoing supervision, applies cement patch, load and unload pipe, mix raw materials, grind product, and modify product required by the facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Helps load materials and equipment safely and efficiently on vehicles.
- Helps unload materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Helps move products, materials, and equipment safely.
- Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
- Mixes cement and prepares material for patchwork.
- Performs cement labor as needed by the lead person and supervisor.
- Cuts materials in a safe manner to ensure safe transport of products and equipment
- Counts and marks all materials.
- Loads and unloads product in the paint and tape machine area.
- Assists workers in diagnosing problems associated with the patching, taping, and painting of products.
- Inspects and maintains paint and sandblasting machine to ensure production of a quality product.
- Inventories and maintains supplies.
- Maintains time and time machine production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Loads paint product on paint machine in a safe manner.
- Operates poly paint machine in a safe manner
- Operates forklift and other product handling equipment.
- Performs STOP audits
- Follows SOX and ISO procedures
- Ensures pipe is cleaned prior to entering paint machine area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School degree or GED or equivalent or six months to one-year related experience and/or training/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.