Painter I-Day Shift
WV - Parkersburg
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Painter I to join our Northwest Pipe team in Washington, WV.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision, spray paints, coordinates activities of general laborers, prepares sand/grit blast, sets up, and maintains proper documentation and assists as needed with general housekeeping.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Sprays paint.
- Coordinates activities of general laborer.
- Prepares sand/grit blast.
- Sets up.
- Maintains documentation.
- General housekeeping.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to compute ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.