Outside Sales Representative I/II
MO - St. Louis
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Outside Sales Representative I/II to join our Permalok team in St. Louis, MO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This position involves the selling and promotion of trenchless pipe. This Outside Sales Representative will promote this product to owners, consulting engineers, agencies, municipalities, developers, and contractors across the United States. Travel may be up to 50% of the time to a territory as required.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Maintains relationships with identified key contractors, consulting engineers, and project owners in assigned territory.
- Tracks current project list within assigned territory and identifies new project opportunities within assigned territory.
- Implements technical marketing programs to ensure that our competitive position is sustained or improved.
- Makes regular, in person, sales calls on customers identifying new project opportunities and furthers Northwest Pipe’s position in the market place.
- Identifies potential customers throughout market area to generate new business.
- Participates in industry trade and technical activities.
- Conducts technical presentations and workshops.
- Develops an understanding of the marketplace, industry trends and technical nuances of product offerings.
- Provide management with timely and accurate call reports and itineraries.
- Bid all NWP trenchless jobs within your assigned territory. Attend pre-bid meetings, bid openings. Meet with contractors prior to bid defining scope of supply.
- Travel within an assigned territory as required (10% by vehicle/90% by air).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other information given by sales team members.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including proficiency in business correspondence and spelling/grammar.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Listens and gets clarification.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount interest commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data given.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Excel, MS Access, Word.
- Excellent organizational skills: prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time quickly, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while working quickly.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- College degree and three years sales experience highly desired.
- Municipal sales experience preferable.
- Past experience in project management / coordination, estimating, plan and specification review, general or civil construction, product development, lead or management skills, is not necessary but helpful.
- Prior manufacturing experience helpful.
Level II Sales Representative
- 5 years or more experience in manufacturing
- 3 – 5 years of experience in construction industry sales
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.