WA - Vancouver (Corporate Office)
Director of IT Infrastructure
Northwest Pipe Company Corporate
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Network Engineer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Vancouver, WA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining communication networks for the entire Northwest Pipe Datacenters and WAN infrastructure. The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. These responsibilities include all aspects of network security including firewall protection.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Design and deploy company LANs, MPLS, SDWANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, WAN Op devices, UPSs, and other hardware. All Company locations should be fully meshed including the Disaster Recovery site.
- Have a solid understanding of modern Cybersecurity and routinely review and investigate potential cybersecurity breaches.
- Perform continuous maintenance and patching of the Company’s networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Implement best practices security including complex passwords, endpoint protection and firewall to protect the Company’s network and data from outside intrusion and hacking.
- Maintain, implement, and support the companies VOIP network.
- Design and implement new solutions to ensure the resilience of the network over time and schedule equipment End of Life (EOL) and replacement.
- Design, Implement and Manage SAN and replication storage devices for the Company’s primary data center and a robust disaster recovery plan.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage the IP inventory including capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry. Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software patching upgrades.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to keep current and informed on new technologies and solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- College diploma in the field of computer science and/or 5 years Network Administration experience.
- 5 years of experience managing and delivering infrastructure design or operational excellence.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting network hardware in a WAN infrastructure.
- Certifications in CNE or MCSE preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.