Mixing Machine Operator-2nd Shift ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Mixing Machine Operator (2nd Shift) to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem, Utah. This position comes with a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Mixing Machine Operator is responsible for mixing batch concrete in specification using computerized equipment.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Batch concrete in specification using computerized equipment that produces accurately calibrated and consistent mix quality.
- Understand mix design.
- Perform preventive maintenance on ribbon mixer and main mixer.
- Make certain that machinery is cleaned to maintain its efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of cement, fly ash, admixtures, aggregates, etc.
- Maintain pour schedules for UDOT.
- Read and understand Titan drawings.
- Use and read a tape measure accurately.
- Past experience working with mixing equipment.
- Experience working with concrete would be preferred, not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.