Master Production Scheduler
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Master Scheduler to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Master Scheduler is responsible for creating, maintaining, and adjusting a multi-site production schedule that ensures the safe, cost effective, and on time delivery of Geneva Pipe & Precast products. The Master Scheduler will maintain demand planning inputs, production & supplier capacity inputs, BOMs, routings, and all associated Titan planning and scheduling processes. This employee will have broad authority to change integral departmental processes aligned with Geneva Pipe & Precast strategic goals. The Master Scheduler must embrace and support the core values of Accountability, Commitment, and Teamwork (ACT).
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Be an example of personal safety habits, adhering to plant safety policies and guidelines.
- Develop and manage interdepartmental, plant, and Geneva Pipe & Precast OTD (On Time Delivery) KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) assuring action plans to close gaps between actual performance and target performance.
- Be the Geneva Pipe & Precast leader in implementing the Titan production application.
- Develop BOMs and Routings and other needed inputs.
- Train users on Titan processes.
- Be the source of information on inventory availability, product/project readiness, and lead time for product/project.
- Develop daily and weekly plant schedules balancing labor and form constraints, raw material lead times, and customer needs.
- Analyze the production schedule and reprioritize when necessary.
- Coordinate with and ensure that supporting departments can meet production goals and anticipation dates on time.
- Analyze and adjust, as necessary, production schedules that are affected by changes in raw material and equipment.
- Collaborate with Sales Department and other departments to ensure materials are ready for production.
- Develop reports and presentations for operations leaders throughout the organization.
- Attend bi-weekly sales meetings to report on production schedules.
- Apply lean management tools that align with KPI improvements and business operating systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2+ years scheduling in ERP or MRP (preferably SAP).
- 2+ years scheduling underground precast.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills with all levels of people.
- Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least five years related experience required.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.