Manufacturing Engineer/Senior Manufacturing Engineer
CA - Adelanto, CA - Tracy, OR - Portland, TX - Saginaw, WV - Parkersburg
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Northwest Pipe OR Geneva Pipe and Precast OR Permalok team in location open prefer Texas, California, or Oregon (will need to report to a facility).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Support manufacturing operations – Design and develop production systems and improve the tools and systems within the manufacturing process from inception through startup in accordance with city, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Recommend, plan, support and implement equipment/system upgrades to improve production efficiency and cost reduction.
- Assure spare assets are standardized between business units.
- Optimize machine processes/equipment at all business units to reach optimum product quality, efficiency, safety, and process repeatability at the lowest cost.
- Manage outside contractors for the design and fabrication of equipment, including reviewing and implementing contracts as needed.
- Communicate with vendors regarding specifications, cost, and delivery.
- Develop capital budgets for projects and be accountable for variances.
- Maintain capital database. Communicate capital spending variances to all plants/accounting to assure yearly budget is achieved.
- Lead and participate in problem identification and solving in quality, safety, and process improvements.
- Must be able to travel to any plant when needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Industrial engineering background
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of welding equipment and processes
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of drive components
- Knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory compliance
- Safety training
- Able to work independently and able to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Computer modeling skills.
- Must be able to use Excel proficiently.
- Must be initiative-taking.
- Capable of Managing multiple projects and priorities
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering with Lean Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in Lean engineering and Project Management. 5+ years for Senior.
- Design, Automation/Maintenance preferred.
- AutoCAD/3D Work
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.