Maintenance Mechanic ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, Oregon. This position comes with a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision performs welding, scarfing, cutting, grinding, and moving of pipe; fills out pick-up reports.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Confers with operators and observes, tests and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Fabricates replacement parts
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment and machinery
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear
- Welds to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts and assemble new equipment
- Records repairs and maintenance performed
- Maintains inventory and disposal
- Performances preventative maintenance duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.