Maintenance Mechanic – Swing Shift
UT - Orem
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under supervision perform mechanical maintenance and preventative maintenance work. Diagnose and repair gas, diesel and heavy equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and general plant equipment or other tasks as assigned. Coordinate with other maintenance personnel and production crews as needed. Work on special projects with Maintenance Mechanic and/or Plant Manager.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Fabricate new equipment, modify existing equipment as needed
- Maintain Power equipment: Forklifts, manlifts
- Work with other mechanics repairing equipment as needed
- Perform general maintenance duties throughout facility
- Help maintain safety, environmental and other equipment and programs as needed
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery
- Maintain machinery
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery
- Perform inspections on fire system, water system, and cranes
- Design and build new equipment for various processes. Modify old equipment as processes change
- Work with Plant Manager on projects
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written, and have basic communication skills; interpersonal, written, and verbal, for dealing with all levels and associates, and reading instruction and parts manuals
- Must have a basic knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, or electronics
- Must have experience working on diesel engines and equipment: motors & forklifts
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to operate the following tools and equipment:
- Hand tools
- Mobile and stationary equipment in plant
- Drill press
- High school diploma or equivalent required, additional technical education and/or training is preferred
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.