Machine Operator I – Plasma Table
TX - Houston
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Machine Operator I – Plasma Table to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The main job purpose of a Plasma Table Operator is to cut, trim, scarf metal objects with arc-cutting equipment to dimensions, contour, work orders, and layout by performing associated duties.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Ability to fully operate assigned CNC plasma cutting platforms which includes setup, run, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance.
- Anticipates, oversees, reviews, and completes setup adjustments to ensure 1st article success.
- Inspecting material to specifications on job traveler and able to make necessary adjustments and tool changes to maintain quality specifications.
- Efficient operation of the numerically controlled burning machine by challenging the capabilities of the machine and maximizing the utilization of the material consumed.
- Troubleshoot faults/failures leveraging understanding of machine programming logic and machine operational parameters and capabilities.
- Ability to change programs, fault diagnosis, troubleshoot, and torch maintenance.
- Responsible for burning various materials as defined by the job orders, verification of burning accuracy while minimizing the effects of wasted materials, and to optimize production, quality, and efficiency.
- Confirm order requirements are met, including the proper selection of job priority, material selection, material alignment, gas flows, speed, and program loading.
- Take a key role in machine upkeep, machine health, and reliability through proactive participation in daily and continual preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain regular communication with fellow burn table operators and leadership, relaying any relevant information, including material, paperwork, supplies, inventory, quality, productivity, equipment, and personnel issues that have or could impact the machine operation.
- Identify, escalate, issue non-conformance while maintaining focus on minimizing scrap and rework operations.
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork and time sheets to properly manage inventory and job cost.
- Keep personal and common work areas clean and organized.
- Perform other duties and cross-train as assigned by supervision.
- Regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Assist with project work as directed by Supervisor and Department Manager
- Comply with all ParkUSA policies, procedures, guidelines.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to read, interpret and comprehend blueprint drawings.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s without the use of a calculator.
- Able to perform mathematical operations of whole numbers and fractions in both standard and metric units of measurements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow all operating procedures, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement focused environment.
- Able to read, write and speak in English language.
- Work professionally, cooperatively and politely in a team environment and with customers.
- Handle multiple tasks, work independently, recognize issues and solve problems.
- Use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity.
- Proficient in safety regulations and quality control related items.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
- Able to learn, organize and prioritize work as necessary.
- Ability to self-manage and solve problems.
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Highschool Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1 + years of prior manufacturing experience with a Steel or Aluminum manufacturer preferred; fabrication experience operating complex CNC controlled machines, overhead crane operation, metal processing, and material handling equipment.
- Able to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.