Loading Forklift/Mobile Equipment Operator
CA - Tracy
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Loading Forklift/Mobile Equipment Operator to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Operate a forklift or similar equipment to move materials/products within/outside the facility and load/unload trucks.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Operate forklift to move materials.
- May inspect and monitor forklifts for greasing, fluid levels, general cleaning and light maintenance.
- Operates various size forklifts in the Plant. Operates bulldozer, grader, dump truck, frontend loader, water truck, etc. Operator will lift and move pipes, material, and equipment in support of production and maintenance activities.
- Load and unloads trailers.
- Have a working knowledge of proper methods of stacking, blocking and tying down materials.
- Follows hand signals of ground loading crews.
- Stacks and retrieves from designated area. Must be familiar with classes of pipe and be able to read and complete paperwork associated with loading pipe.
- Be able to perform operator’s preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Required to report safety and mechanical defects of problems to the Maintenance Department and Department Forman.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NWP’s policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
- Prior experience operating a large capacity forklift, bulldozer, front end loader, diesel dump truck, and water truck.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.