Lined Products Project Coordinator
UT - Orem
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Lined Products PC (Project Coordinator) to join our Northwest Pipe team in Orem, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Lined Products PC (Project Coordinator) is a key part of the sales team and serves as the primary interface between Geneva Pipe and the customer to ensure that the right Lined Products are delivered to the customer at the right time. The Lined Products PC has the principal responsibility, once a job is sold, to coordinate the manufacturing and delivery of the products to the customer in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. The overarching goal of the Lined Products PC is to ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service experience. The Lined Products PC is also a key member of the sales team and works closely with sales to prepare quotes, perform takeoffs, and any other duties that are required to achieve customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of all Geneva Pipe Lined products and can provide guidance for customers inquires.
- Upon receipt of an order from a customer or a salesman, the Lined Products PC assumes responsibility for that order until it is delivered to the customer.
- The Lined Products PC will initiate contact with the customer for details on the product specifications, delivery location, and schedule. The Lined Products PC accurately inputs the order into Titan and coordinates with Sales & Production to assure the customer’s needs are met.
- Should Scheduling/Production not be able to meet customer’s delivery date, The Lined Products PC is to negotiate a new delivery date with the customer.
- The Lined Products PC will contact customer to define submittal requirements, manufacturing requirements, construction sequencing, and delivery requirements; then meet with scheduling, production, and dispatch to assure that the customer’s needs are met.
- If engineering is required for the product, the Lined Products PC meets with engineering to have the product designed for manufacturing to the customer’s specifications.
- Keep customer aware of any updates on the progress of orders.
- Keep Sales updated on order progression.
- One week before delivery the Lined Products PC contacts the project foreman to confirm delivery dates and any special conditions our drivers need to be aware of.
- The Lined Products PC will assist sales by performing takeoffs and preparing quotes for jobs that are bidding.
- This position may interact within all levels of the organization. Additionally, this position may have contact with business partners, customers, vendors, and visitors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with Geneva Pipe production methods and production capabilities.
- Understanding of specific plant capabilities.
- Ability to relate with customers in a calm, professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively work with varying personality styles and maintain a sense of humor.
- Must be agile and able to change directions easily and professionally.
- Intermediate skills working with computers and software packages such as, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with clarity and professionalism.
- Experience in precast industry and excavation would be helpful, but not mandatory.
- At least two years of previous experience working in an office setting.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- High energy, self-motivation, and personal integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend, or evening work.
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Over 2/3 of the time
- Standing/Sit: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling to complete computer work.
Up to 2/3 of the time:
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately.
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately, in written or diagram form.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as typing on a keyboard
- Walking: Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Traveling throughout a 1-00-acre facility with dirt roads and uneven ground.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force to constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, including the human body.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection involving small defects at distances close to the eyes.
- For up to 2/3 of the amount of time, the worker is required to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- For less than 1/3 of the amount of time, the worker is required to have color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: activities occur inside and outside.
Over 2/3 of the time
- Quiet conditions (examples: library, private office)
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Loud noise (examples: manufacturing departments, large forklifts)
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.