Lean Manufacturing & Safety Coordinator
TX - Ferris
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Lean Manufacturing and Safety Coordinator to join our Northwest Pipe team in Ferris, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Implement and support Safety, Lean Production, and Environmental initiatives. Implement solutions to improve productivity, safety activities, and quality. Must embrace and support our core values of Accountability, Commitment, and Teamwork.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Lead evaluation of production processes for continuous improvement and propose solutions to management.
- Work with management/supervision, Operations, QA, and Maintenance to develop best practices.
- Train at worksite on proper processes and procedures regarding Safety, Lean, and Environmental.
- Implement best practices and train effected personnel in their application.
- Drive process improvements through statistical analysis and Lean toolbox.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to attain maximum safety, product quality, efficiency, and repeatability.
- Train and mentor department subject matter experts in the application of the continuous improvement system.
- Develop, collect and analyze lean manufacturing metrics and audits.
- Lead and guide continuous improvement initiatives within the plant.
- Provide hands on assistance in completing Lean Projects and initiatives.
- Create project value measurement, develop timelines, and track progress.
- Collect plant metrics, analyze data, and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Lead Safety Program to ensure employee safety and compliance with OSHA standards.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings with the team.
- Provide direction with the production team if any unsafe acts or conditions are observed.
- Support the Production Management as needed with production, paperwork, or projects.
- Work with other Lean and Safety personnel across the Northwest Pipe organization.
- Assist with the SPCC/SWPPP by conducting audits, taking samples, and providing information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common Production, Lean, and Safety documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and work with all levels of Geneva Pipe and Northwest Pipe employees.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent communications, relationship-building, and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills necessary; advanced MS office skills and statistical software packages.
- Thorough understanding of multiple business areas to include: Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Safety, and Quality Control.
- Basic knowledge of Lean principles and applications.
- Industrial Safety or a technical discipline is desired.
- Minimum 3 years business operations, plant engineering or manufacturing experience to include 1-2 years of process improvement program proven success.
- Experience delivering OSHA-compliant Safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S processes strongly preferred.
- Certified in OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer program.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.