MO - St. Louis
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Lean Coordinator to join our Permalok team in St. Louis, MO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Manage and implement Lean initiatives, verify effectiveness and ensure sustainability through audits. Develop and implement solutions to improve production processes and quality. Must embrace and support core values of integrity, mutual respect, excellence, teamwork and accountability.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Lead evaluation of production processes needing improvement and recommend solutions to management.
- Work with management/supervision, Operations, QA, and Maintenance to develop best practices.
- Implement best practices and train affected personnel in their application.
- Drive process improvement through statistical analysis and Lean toolbox.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to attain maximum safety, product quality, efficiency, and repeatability.
- Train and mentor department subject matter experts in the application of the continuous improvement system.
- Develop, collect and analyze lean manufacturing metrics.
- Lead and guide continuous improvement initiatives within the plant.
- Create project value measurement, develop timelines and track progress.
- Collect plant metrics, analyze data and recommend appropriate changes and courses of action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable and regular attendance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline is desired.
- Minimum 3 years business operations, plant engineering or manufacturing experience to include 1-2 years of process improvement program proven success.
- Understanding of welding concepts and concrete/cement applications desired.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.