Laborer ($750 Sign-On Bonus)
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, Oregon. This position comes with a $750 Sign-On Bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This position is responsible for performing general manual labor. Individuals in this position work with and around, and may operate, various tools, machines, and equipment. This position will assist in departmental housekeeping and safety efforts. Work normally is performed under close supervision; however, close supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks which can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained, employees may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Performs various general labor work including shoveling, clean up, and removal of damaged lining.
- Operation of hand tools and equipment.
- Receives OTJ to apply various coatings and linings to pipe by machine and/or hand application.
- Inspects pipe before and after pipe is coated and/or lined.
- Cleans and inspects machines.
- Loads and unloads product into specific machines.
- Operates forklift and skip loader.
- Ensures pipe is cleaned prior to entering paint machine area.
- Loads and unloads product in the paint and tape machine area.
- Assists workers in diagnosing problems associated with the taping and painting of product.
- Inspects and maintains paint and sandblasting machines to ensure production of quality product.
- Loads and operates paint product on paint machine in a safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Follows SOX and ISO procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.