TX - Saginaw
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer II to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Performs general labor work under ongoing supervision. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts, and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Performs various general labor work including but not limited to: general housekeeping, stull pipe, prepares for stulling, coating and lining, paint, grinding and/or end prep.
- Inspect and cleans pipe prior to entering processes.
- Shoveling, cleanup and removal of damaged lining.
- Mixes cement, prepares material for patchwork and performs cement labor as needed.
- Properly identify and mark pipe with the use of spray paint or stamps.
- Operation of hand tools and equipment.
- Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
- Cuts materials in a safe manner to ensure safe transport of product and equipment.
- Loads and unloads pipe, raw materials, coils, and other materials as required by the lead or supervisor.
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on hand tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- The ideal candidate is expected to be consistent, responsible and reliable with their attendance.
- Follows all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and instructions, ISO procedures, job safety analysis (JSAs) and company policies and promotes a safe culture.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Reading of drawings.
- Operates forklift in a safe manner.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Participates in all inventories, safety meetings and ISO audits.
- Maintain housekeeping within all production, storage and waste areas.
- Performs other duties as needed by the Lead or Department Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and solve basic math.
- Ability to comprehend and follow company procedures.
- Requires experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification if required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and coworkers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.