Laborer I-Night Shift
WV - Parkersburg
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer I-Night Shift to join our Northwest Pipe team in Washington, WV.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision, assists with the coating machines, hand blasting, hand patching, cleans pipe, and mixes paint. Performs general departmental housekeeping and safety duties while working collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Assists with coating machines.
- Hand blasts pipe
- Hand patches with Polyolefin Tape
- Hand tapes pipe
- Mixes paint
- Uses chop saw/grinder
- Reads tape measure
- Assists in cement plant and coating and lining facility as needed.
- Performs various general labor work including but not limited to general housekeeping.
- Inspect and cleans pipe prior to entering processes.
- Properly identify (mark) pipe with the use of spray paint or stamps.
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Follows all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and instructions, ISO procedures, job safety analysis (JSAs) and company policies and promotes a safe culture.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and solve basic math.
- Ability to comprehend and follow company procedures.
- Requires experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification if required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and coworkers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.