Laborer – Concrete
TX - Ferris
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer – Concrete to join our ParkUSA team in Ferris, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Production Worker is responsible for a variety of tasks including cleaning and preparing forms, bed layout, placing forms, setting embeds, working in the yard, placing and finishing concrete as well as picking the individual panels.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Roll grease on form cores and spray release oil on form walls.
- Tie steel mesh and rebar re-enforcement with tie guns and manual methods.
- Cut and bend rebar.
- Size, cut and place styrofoam blockouts.
- Bolt and unbolt form walls with impact guns.
- Lift, carry and place aluminum hatchways and steel frames.
- Float, finish and edge concrete surfaces.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in safety regulations and quality control related items
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
- Regularly attend work and be punctual
- Must be skilled in using both hand and power tools
- Regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Operate overhead cranes for lowering rebar cages, placing and pouring concrete and stripping products
- Assist other trades within the plant as required
- Assist with project work as directed by Department Manager
- Comply with all ParkUSA policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work professionally, cooperatively and politely in a team environment and with customers.
- Learn, organize and prioritize work, delegate tasks as necessary.
- Handle multiple tasks, work independently, recognize issues and solve problems.
- Use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity
- Stand/bend/stretch/reach/kneel/crawl, etc.
- Stand for sustained periods of time
- Climb ladders and have no fear of heights
- Read a tape measure
- Must be 18 yrs old or older
- Highschool Diploma, GED or equivalent
- General knowledge of manual labor
- Read and understand shop tickets, documents, (including piece tickets), drawings and follow instructions (whether presented in written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
- Able to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prefer experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
LABORER I – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing general manual laborer requiring no special training and little or no experience. Individuals in this position work with and around, and may operate, various tools, machines and equipment. This position will also assist in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and perform other duties as directed. Work normally is performed under close supervision; however, close supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks which can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained, employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
LABORER II – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing duties described for a Laborer I. While this level of laborer does not require special training or experience, the qualifications and prior experience must be at a higher level. Work normally is performed under limited to close supervision. As work experience is gained, employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility.
LABORER III – this level of Laborer is responsible for performing duties described for a Laborer II. This level of laborer does require advanced training, qualifications and experience. Work normally is performed under minimal supervision. Employees in this position may be responsible for leading the work of other laborers and will be provided on-the-job training (OJT) to learn the skills necessary to fulfill a designated position in their respective department.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.