Lining & Paint Supervisor
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Laborer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, California.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under frequent supervision, the laborer performs general labor work. The laborer assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts and works collaboratively with other members of the department and production counterparts to ensure production workflow.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Follows all safety and company policies / procedures and promotes a safe culture
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and regulations
- Wear all required personal protective equipment
- Maintain all required paperwork
- Inspects, cleans and performs basic preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Maintain housekeeping within all production, storage and waste areas
- Follows all work instructions, procedures and job safely analysis (JSA’s)
- Identify and report any unsafe working conditions or equipment
- Effectively communicate issues to management
- Performs various general labor work including shoveling, clean up and removal of damaged lining
- Operation of hand tools and equipment
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance and performance of the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Capable of following all safety requirements, work rules, and regulations
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Must be able to learn how to operate a machine / equipment
- Ability to read gauges and watch guides
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification if required
- Basic mathematics skills and the ability to solve basic mathematic problems
- Requires experience with hand and power tools
- Work hours vary or change based on operational needs
- Must be able to work overtime as required
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.