Inventory & Cost Analyst
UT - Salt Lake City
Get ready to grow with us.
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we are just getting started! Our business is growing, and we are looking for great people to grow with us. We are immediately seeking an Inventory & Cost Analyst to join our Northwest Pipe team in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurance (1st of month after hire)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Refreshments
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but also actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Follows standard procedures that maximize inventory management efficiency. Assists with the inventory planning, scheduling, forecasting, and control operations. Utilizes inventory tools and systems for tracking, analysis, auditing, and reporting. Collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement and support initiatives to optimize inventory capabilities using the best inventory management practices. Additional collaboration is required with the accounting department during inventory audits and quarterly inventory reports for all Geneva Plants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives raw goods and other related items into the current ERP system.
- Ensures receivers and or invoices are processed and forwarded as required.
- Review Invoices in the system have the proper plant ID’s and codes.
- Add fuel charges to invoices as needed.
- Create Invoices for delivery tickets.
- Updates inventory cost quarterly or as requested by Accounting/Auditors on a set deadline.
- Coordinates inventory audits with respective departments and external NWP personnel.
- Performs physical cycle and random counts on a weekly basis.
- Establishment of Min and Max inventory control levels as other inventory practices or measurements.
- Verifies all incoming deliveries via the purchase order.
- Coordinate the receiving, counting, and verification of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Collaborates and supervises the handling of Internal, External, RMAs and incoming shipments from vendors.
- Complies with current SOX and company procedures.
- Orders materials and supplies to meet the appropriate inventory levels for production and safety needs.
- Coordinates intercompany transfers together with the support of the other branches.
- Creates, maintains, improves, coordinates quarterly reports for inventory and finished goods counts and item descriptions as well as other components from these reports.
- Coordinates with other departments when needed to complete missing counts, costs, etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, individuals must demonstrate:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write professional correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to operate calculator and be proficient in the use of tape measures.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Software: MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Database/SAP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be very organized with email, documents and time management skills.
- Working experience of 3 years or more in Inventory control in a Precast manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with common inventory items used the in production of concrete products.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.