Inventory Control & Cost Analyst
CA - Tracy
Northwest Pipe Company
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Inventory Control & Cost Analyst to join our Northwest Pipe team in Tracy, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Assist the Inventory Control and Cost Manager with processing of production usages, customers billings, goods receipts and reporting requirements. Follows standard procedures that maximize inventory management efficiency. Assists with the inventory planning, scheduling, forecasting and control operations. Utilizes inventory tools and systems for tracking, analysis, auditing, and reporting. Collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement and support initiatives to optimize inventory capabilities using the best inventory management practices. Additional collaboration is required with the accounting department during inventory audits and quarterly inventory reports.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Work with Production Supervisors/Foremen in timely and accurate processing of daily production usages.
- Maintains daily tons reporting and reconciling to track and product status report.
- Processes daily billings to customers in SAP.
- Ensure all shipping, production usage and receiving documents are scanned to the Production folder, SAP and Track.net.
- Maintain a complete and accurate filing system of original usage, billings and receiving documents.
- Efficiently and competently complete the activities of coil receiving, inspecting, qualifying, labeling/marking and documenting.
- Process goods receipt including Freight in SAP after goods are inspected and quantity verified by Senior Warehouse person.
- Work with Plant Buyer to resolve Accounts Payable issues promptly.
- Oversee Senior Warehouse person to assure receiving process of all materials is performed to acceptable standards.
- Reconcile usage reports and packing lists information to Report MB51 to ensure all transactions are processed accurately in SAP.
- Ensure processing and documentation of usages and goods receipts are SOX Compliant.
- Create Invoices for BOL.
- Coordinates inventory audits with respective departments and external NWP personnel.
- Performs physical cycle and random counts as required.
- Complies with current SOX and company procedures.
- Coordinates intercompany transfers including creation of production orders.
- Coordinates with other departments when needed to complete missing counts, costs, etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
- Working experience of 3 years or more in Inventory control in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with common inventory items used in manufacturing.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.